Well I’m back from vacation, but I’m apparently still running on vacation time. The good news is I did some coding over vacation, which means we finally have some screen shots. Woot!
I’ve been using the working title BotEscape for this project for a few months since one of the original thoughts for this project was that you’re a robot escaping from your alien overlords, a crumbling factory or some combination of the two. As you can tell from that detailed description, I haven’t developed a storyline yet, so the current “levels” are just piling all the pieces together to make sure the interactions are working correctly. I haven’t checked to see if this name overlaps with any existing properties so I’m just going to run with it for now. It might get changed later if it looks like it poses a conflict with existing works.
There are three main tasks that need to be completed before I put up a demo of sorts:
- Menu screens
- A health system (read: a way to leave you a twisted pile of scrap metal)
- A couple of levels that have some thought in them and aren’t just piles of clutter.
So over the next few weeks I’ll be working on these and any thing else that comes up to get a demo ready.