Well this update is crazy late.
It’s been a month of working on Malwrath’s Tower. and we’ve made a decent amount of progress if not as much as I’d like.
Somehow I got tasked with the exterior ground tiles. So the basic tiles are done, but they still need to be blended at the edges. And the more I look at the grass the more low frequency artifacts I see; so, we might have to revisit that one. We’ll see when we get some more decorations on top of it.
In terms of code I’ve got the monster and the character mostly set up. A basic AI that can move the monster around. A solid path finding algorithm. And if you whack the monster with your gray stick thing it dies and re-spawns immediately. Anyway enough of me babbling take a look at some screen shots with my awesome placeholder rectangles.
And that brings us to the schedule. Which is more or less on track although I did sop up a fair amount of buffer by reallocating it to extra blog posts I’ve done in April.